Friday 21 June 2013

A Quick Catch Up.. Maybe Not So Quick

So it has been a while since I have blogged anything. Almost a month in fact, and I have been stressing about getting on and putting something in writing and today I finally Let It Go. And the words are flowing more freely and I have much to write about.
I have been unwell over the past month, a scary trip to hospital really put some things in perspective for me. For example, our health system is amazing. I don't know what is trending in politics or how people feel about the public health system, but I can not express enough gratitude to the men and women who held my hand from the get go. I was so scared, let me tell you, surgery is scary, and it gets scarier the older I get. I flew to Thailand for surgery and thought nothing of it in my teens, obviously being invincible and all. But the sudden realisation that I am not invincible. What a shock, happy gas all of sudden makes so much sense. So that happened and although I may not encounter those people again, I hope to be able to pass on there amazing love and kindness to others who might need some in there time of need.
I also decided to take a really good look at the person I am and what I want from life and what I want to give back. So here it is. My first baby step. I am a vegetarian. EEKKK
Its been a whole week and I feel Terrible. My body is going through a massive adjustment, but it is going to be so grateful in the long run. Plus I am being proactive in my beliefs which gives me a healthy head. A fresh outlook and perspective on the world and I just generally feel great about my choice. It was so amazed that after making this decision people just seemed to know and gravitate towards me and people are so supportive. Especially other vegetarians. I spent a long time thinking about whether this was the right decision to make, hours and hours sitting there spinning it over and over in my mind and all of a sudden I thought 'why am I thinking about this?' I had already made my decision. It was simple to decide it was the right thing to do. And I don't really have a good answer to the obvious question of Why?. You know why? Because it is the right thing to do for mother nature, for our animals, for people, for me. And I know there is a lot to learn about the companies we buy our food from, our make up, our clothes and in the long run I want to be making the right choices for all of my consumption, but for this minute, I am proud that I made a choice for the right reason and I am grateful that the choice just doesn't end there. I can expand on that and start reaching out to make better choices in every aspect of my life.
So amongst all these new feelings I managed to find something else really exciting. Some peace. Peace with my surrounds, I let go of negative relationships and didn't have fear of letting go, I let go of some of my emotional baggage, forgave those who I needed to forgive and found some solid grounding. I decided to dance more, especially when burning sage. I find myself dancing like a wobbly octopus and it makes me feel so good. I am going to sing more, I am going to give more love and hold less judgement. I am going to learn more about the things that interest me. I am going to love the dirt and the air and the trees and I am going to hug them if I want to. I no longer fear judgement and funnily enough found myself at a seminar today talking about all of the above things. I did learn some new techniques but I already found it. Whatever it may be.

So now that that has all been said, lets talk about something really yummy!!! It happened to be my sister in laws birthday. And as any baking enthusiast would know birthdays aren't about numbers. Ha what a silly idea. Birthdays are just another amazing excuse to make something exceptional. So that is exactly what I did. I have been trying to find a fabulous name for what I made, but have so far come up short. The obvious answer would be Triple Chocolate Truffle but that hardly details how decedent this cake was. Three layers alternating white chocolate mud and chocolate mud. Icing and homemade truffles. Choc mint truffle, white chocolate honeycomb truffle and dark chocolate truffle. Then the cake was drizzled with dark and white chocolate. I can not help but laugh at how completely ridiculously over the top this cake sounds. But I am glad to say that it was a massive hit. I do believe there may have been some questioning my current position in our office on the phones. Perhaps they might take me on as a full time cake maker. Our company most certainly needs cake full time. Anyway here is a picture
You have a good name for it? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment